If I ever had a go to recipe,
this would be the one.
Since finding this recipe in one of
my many "Fix-It and Forget-It" cookbooks,
I have lost count on the number of times
I have made this recipe.
Now, I did make one modification at
the first time I made this great dish.
It does not call for any vegetables
like a typical roast. So, on the
suggestion of my hubby, I began
adding veggies from the second time
and ever since.
Dilled Pot Roast
2 3/4 lb beef pot roast
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried dill weed, divided
(I use WAY MORE than this.
I probably use about 6 Tbsp total)
1/4 c water
2 Tbsp wine vinegar
4 Tbsp flour
1/2 c water
2 cups fat-free sour cream
1. Sprinkle both sides of beef with salt, pepper and 1 tsp dill weed.
Place in slow cooker.
2. Add 1/4 cup water and vinegar.
I love this garlic wine vinegar! It is so good!
3. Add one small bag of small potatoes, halved and
one bag of baby carrots. (My added step)
4. Sprinkle vegetables with more dill weed.
(My added step)
5. Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.
6. Remove meat (and vegetables) from pot. Turn
cooker to high.
7. Stir flour into 1/2 cup of water. Stir into meat drippings.
8. Stir in additional 1 tsp dill weed if you wish.
I usually use another 2 Tbsp here.
Hey, we love dill -- LOL!!
9. Cover and cook on high 5 minutes
10. Stir in sour cream.
11. Cover and cook on high another 5 minutes.
12. Slice beef. Serve beef (and vegetables) with
sour cream sauce.
I hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma!