I love my hubby!!
Tonight, on our way home, he told me he
was going to do the cooking. AWESOME!!
I was even banished from the kitchen
while he was cooking. I have honestly
feel in love with him even more this evening.
I have to admit, all joking aside, Johnny
is a VERY good cook. He comes up with
some really great recipes.
Tonight, he took ideas from several different
recipes to make use of our leftover chili.
(You can find the chili recipe here.)
I have to say it was very yummy!
So, I give you the first of many recipes
from my husband Johnny.
Frito Chili Pie
4 to 5 cups leftover chili
1 large bag of Frito's - your choice of flavor
(Johnny used BBQ flavor)
4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
1. Heat leftover chili on stove top.
2. Pour bag of Frito's into bottom of baking dish (9X13).
3. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese onto chips.
4. Pour chili over chips and cheese.
5. Spread evenly.
6. Place jalapeno peppers across top of chili.
Use as many as you would like to taste.
7. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
8. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until
cheese is thoroughly melted.
9. Serve with toppings of your choice.
I forgot to take the picture until after we
had already eaten - LOL!
I hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma
(and her wonderful husband!)