Oh tonight's dinner was simply AMAZING!
Sorry, I know I am bragging on myself but
it is true -- LOL! My men even loved it
considering it contained no meat except
for some smoked pork jowl and bacon.
This post is dealing with the side dishes
of dinner this evening.
The first, Garden Medley, is from my friend
Tammy S. She gave me this recipe several
days ago and OMG! Definitely a family staple now.
The second, Green Beans, is just a simply
pressure cooker vegetable.
From Tammy S.
1 summer squash
1 green tomato
1 sweet onion
1 hot banana pepper
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1. Cut all vegetables into bite size cubes.
2. In a gallon ziploc style bag, pour
in Jiffy Mix.
3. Add vegetables after they have been
rinsed in cool water and allowed to drain.
4. Shake bag to coat the vegetables.
5. Heat vegetable oil in medium size skillet.
6. Add vegetables to warm pan. Do not
overcrowd. Saute in batches if necessary.
7. Saute until golden brown.
Pressure Cooker Green Beans
1 lb to 1 1/2 lb fresh green beans
1 smoked pork jowl (can use
ham hock instead)
1. Cut pork jowl in small pieces.
2. Place green beans into pressure cooker.
3. Place pork into pot and season
with salt and pepper.
4. Lock lid onto pressure cooker.
5. Bring to pressure over high heat.
6. Once at pressure, cook on high heat
for 45 minutes.
7. When finished, remove cooker
from stove and allow to naturally
8. Once pressure is released, open top.
Enjoy the goodness!
I hope you all enjoy the first two recipes!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma!