I realize there are tons of different
versions out there for breakfast casseroles.
And no, mine doesn't include anything
really exotic to make it absolutely unique.
However, I just wanted to share something
different with everyone instead of dinner ideas.
The name of this recipe came from my son.
I was batting around several different ideas
with my men when JJ popped out with this name.
I think he did a great job!
Sunday Morning Brunch Special
by: Busy Cookin' WV Momma
named by: her wonderful son
11 eggs (I used medium eggs)
7 pieces of bacon
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 sweet onion - diced
1 sweet banana pepper - seeded and diced
2 cans mushrooms - drained
2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Tabasco sauce (about 10 drops)
Pam cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In medium size skillet, cook bacon.
3. In another skillet, heat EVOO over
medium heat. Add onion and banana pepper.
Season with a little seasoning salt.
4. While bacon is cooking and onion/pepper
is sauteing, spray a small baking dish with PAM.
5. Once bacon is cooked, crumble into
bite size pieces.
6. In a large bowl, scramble 11 eggs.
Add 2 Tbsp of heavy whipping cream
and whisk together.
7. Add mushrooms to egg mixture and whisk.
8. Add sauted onion/pepper mix to egg mixture
9. Add crumbled bacon to mixture and whisk.
10. Add shredded cheddar cheese to mixture
11. Season egg mixture with salt, pepper and
Tabasco sauce. Whisk everything together
one final time.
12. Pour egg mixture into greased pan.
13. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set.
Of course, you can add sausage instead of bacon.
You could also add veggies such as squash,
spinach, etc. to add more vegetables.
Also, you do not have to saute the onion and pepper
if you want to skip a step. However, my hubby likes
the onions to be "soft" when I put them in recipes
like this one. So, I just take a few minutes and
I hope you enjoy!!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma!