Believe me, I don't do anything really fancy with my chicken salad. However, this morning, I decided to jazz it up just a little. Also, what makes this a good lunch choice is because it goes together in less than 10 minutes. A big score on busy mornings!
At 274 calories, 2.4g of carbs and 27.8g protein, this chicken salad is a very satisfying lunch item.
Busy Cookin' WV Momma's
You will need the following ingredients:
1 can diced chicken - 5oz - well drained (I use Kroger brand)
1 dill pickle spear
1 half of a sweet banana pepper
1 Tbsp mayo
2 tsp pickle juice
1. Place chicken in a bowl.
2. Add about 1 tsp of celery salt. I say about because I really don't measure with this recipe.
3. Add 1 tsp of black pepper.
4. Add 1/2 of a banana pepper that has been seeded and cut into small chunks.
5. Add one dill pickle spear that has been chopped in chunks.
6. Add the pickle juice. Now, I know what you are saying, "why doesn't she just use pickle relish?" Well, simply put I dislike pickle relish at all. Lets just be honest, I loathe pickle relish. But if you and your family like relish, please use this instead of the pickle spear and pickle juice.
7. Add a heaping Tbsp of mayo.
Okay, let me say something right here! Please use REAL mayonnaise! Miracle Whip is not mayo and I frankly hate the stuff. When the hubby could eat it, we would buy to separate containers because I hate it that bad. So, for me, please use real mayo!
8. Stir together after all ingredients have been added to the chicken.
There you have it - Easy Chicken Salad. Now, this is probably enough for two. However, I did take it all for my lunch today. How I ate mine today was over a bed of salad fixings.
It was delicious this way and VERY filling!
I hope you enjoy!!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma