This recipe was created when I had leftover shrimp from the previous night. Yea, I know. Leftover shrimp?? Well, to be honest, I actually put some aside so I could experiment. I don't think we have EVER had leftover shrimp in this house, lol!
This recipe includes another favorite of mine - Avocado! This is a very versatile ingredient. Besides making my all time favorite guacamole, I am starting to try use avocado in more recipes.
Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Created by the Busy Cookin' WV Momma
2 strips of bacon
1/4 onion, diced
3 oz fresh mushrooms, rinsed and diced
18 shrimp (I used the peel and eat kind)
1. Cook bacon until crispy and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
2. In same skillet (leave the bacon grease in the skillet), add onions and mushrooms. Season with pepper and salt. Cook until tender.
3. While onion/mushrooms are cooling, coarsely chop shrimp.
4. Then, carefully cut open avocado and remove the seed.
5. Remove the inside of the avocado with a spoon and coarsely chop.
6. In a medium size bowl, add:
NOTE: Next time I make this recipe, I am only going to use 1 1/2 Tbsp of mayo.
7. Mix together and serve.
This makes enough for two good size servings. You can eat as is or serve on a bed of spinach. This would also be good on a wrap if you aren't eating low carb, gluten free or Paleo.
I hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma!