Also, due to his injury and trying to keep him comfortable and everything, dinner has been simple fare around here. But never fear my faithful followers, here is a recipe that I made before the accident.
Tilapia is a HUGE staple in our house. I love all the different things you can make using this fish. It also has a mild flavor which is perfect for this family.
This recipe is super simple. It makes it wonderful for a quick weeknight dinner. Ready in under 20 minutes, it is perfect for busy moms everywhere!
Note: I double this recipe when I am making it for the family. I use 6 pieces of tilapia instead of four.
Tilapia with Garlic Butter
Recipe from www.about.com
2 Tbsp butter
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
Dash of pepper
Dash of salt
Pinch of dried dill weed or parsley
Dash of paprika
4 tilapia fillets
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, add the following:
Note: I do use the paprika when I have it on hand. Sadly, I had used the last of mine and forgot to be more. Don't worry, it tasted fine without the paprika.
3. Heat all ingredients over low to medium low heat until butter is melted.
4. Brush a little of the butter mixture into the bottom of a shallow baking dish.
5. Place tilapia in the buttered pan.
6. Brush the tilapia with the butter mixture.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
I served this delicious dish with fresh green beans. Low carbs and just fabulous!
Hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma!