Bring on my other favorite thing - Google!! I swear you can find anything on Google. I was even checking answers for son's geometry homework today on Google (but that is story for another day-LOL).
I was very excited when I found a recipe from a person I follow on Twitter and Facebook, Michelle Tam. Her blog is called "Nom Nom Paleo" and she can be found here http://nomnompaleo.com/ . You can also follow her on twitter at @nomnompaleo.
Broiled Zucchini (or Eggplant) (recipe is here)
4 med zucchini (or a medium globe eggplant)
Avocado oil, palm oil, coconut oil, or your favorite fat
Balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
Your favorite herbs, chopped (basil, Italian parsley)
1. Preheat oven to broil and make sure top rack is about 6 inches from heating element. Thinly slice zucchini (1/4" thick) using a mandoline slicer.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil - drizzle generous amount of oil, salt and pepper on foil.
3. Spread zucchini slices in a single layer on baking sheet and flipped over to make sure both sides are greased and seasoned. (Can use silicone brush to apply oil)
4. Season with some more salt and pepper.
5. Place tray in oven-broil for about 8-10 minutes, flipping slices and rotating tray hallway through.
6. Once done, drizzle with balsamic vinegar or lemon juice or chopped herbs.
NOTE: I did not complete this last step. In my opinion, they tasted great just the same. I would recommend trying both ways and see which you preferred.
Hope you all have a great night!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma