I am happy to report that the transition has been pretty smooth. It is difficult sometimes to get JJ to understand about certain food options. I am proud of him though for not complaining TOO much.
In case you did not know, we started the Paleo diet two days ago. Surprisingly, I am finding it kind of easy. Yes, it is more time consuming when preparing meals. However, I know the benefits will out weight all of that very soon.
Tonight, I have a really simple recipe for everyone. I found this recipe when I was searching for something to do with sausage. It is so simple and absolutely delicious.
I found this recipe on Paleo Spirit. I would recommend everyone going over and checking out her site. She is also on Twitter @PaleoSpirit. She has some amazing looking recipes and ideas concerning the Paleo diet.
Sausage and Kale Sauté
By Paleo Spirit (find original recipe here)
1 pound sausage
1 bunch organic kale
1 medium onion diced
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1. Remove sausage from casing and brown in a large pan.
*My sausage was not in casings. I had to use bulk sausage. Turned out just fine.
2. Add the diced onion and continue cooking on medium until the onions are soft.
3. Remove the spine from the kale and chop into bite size pieces.
4. Add kale to pan with sausage/onion. Cook until kale turns bright green and softens to your taste. This takes approximately 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove mixture from stovetop and add the chopped red bell pepper.
6. Serve warm!!
Super easy and super good. The men loved it and so did I. I was a little worried about this recipe because I usually don't like kale, etc. However, this recipe definitely changed my mind about kale. I hope you will let it change your mind as well!!
Love to you all from the
Busy Cookin' WV Momma!!