It has been a very blustery day here in West Virginia. The high temperature was around 55 degrees and we could be looking for our first frost tonight. So, I am glad I had to switch my Friday and Saturday night menu items. Because tonight's meal was the perfect cooler weather meal.
If you have never tried perogies, you are in for a treat with this recipe. If you like/love perogies like I do, I think you will fall in love with this recipe.
I found this recipe on Pinterest several months ago. I had it down several times to try but my menus kept falling apart. However, I knew I would eventually make it one day.
Also, this recipe only has seven ingredients, if you count the can of water and salt/pepper. Plus, it uses my favorite cooking vessel, my slow cooker! You know any recipe that I can use my slow cooker usually turns into a family staple in this household.
Now on to the recipe:
Original recipe by Shars Home Cookin'
You will need:
2 packages little smokies
1 1/2 pkg of frozen cheese filled perogies
1 onion, sliced in strips
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
1 can of water
Salt and Pepper to your taste
1. Spray your cooker with cooking spray. A little side note on this step. I ALWAYS spray my cooker before putting anything in the pot. I have had several different things stick. So, to avoid this disaster, I spray my cooker.
2. Place smokies, perogies, onion and soup into your cooker.
3. Add the can of water and season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix all ingredients together and cook on low for 5 hours.
This is what my final product looked like:
It was so good! NOW, for my faithful readers that do not like mushrooms. I personally think this would be great with a cheese based soup. Actually, the next time I make this recipe, I am going to use cheese filled smokies and fiesta nacho cheese soup.
I hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from The Busy Cooking Momma!!
Original recipe by: Shars Home Cooking
2 package little smokies, drained
1 1/2 packages cheese filled perogies, frozen
1 onion, peeled and sliced in strips
2 cans (14.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 soup can of water
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Spray cooker with cooking spray.
2. Place smokies, perogies and onion into the slow cooker.
3. Add the soup to the slow cooker.
4. Add in one soup can of water.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Carefully mix all ingredients together.
7. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
8. Serve and enjoy!