I know I wanted to make pork, I knew I wanted gluten free and I knew I wanted something different. Off to Pinterest it was for me. I typed in my search criteria and this recipe appeared about halfway down. Plus, after realizing it only had FOUR ingredients, I knew this was the recipe for me.
The original recipe can be found on My Crossfit Paleo Journey. I did modify the recipe just a little bit to give it my spin. I am getting as bad as the cooking hubby when it comes to playing around with a recipe. Like he always says, there are always ways to improve almost everything.
Now on to the recipe!!
Original recipe by My Crossfit Paleo Journey
Adapted by The Busy Cooking Momma
You will need:
2 1/2 to 3 lbs pork loin
5 red delicious apples, unpeeled
5 Tbsp of honey
3 Tbsp Cinnamon
Slice your apples. I used my handy dandy apple slicer from Pampered Chef. I had had this thing for over seven years and love it.
Cut slits into your pork loin. Do not cut to deep. Go down about 1/2 to 3/4 an inch. I went down both sides.
Now, drizzle honey into each slit. I did not measure but I would approximate about 1/4 tsp of honey in each slit.
Once you are finished with the honey, stuff a slice of apple into each slit.
Now, lay apple slices into the bottom of the slow cooker, approximately two (2) apples worth.
Season the apples with cinnamon.
Place your pork loin on top of the apples.
Cover the pork loin with the rest of the apples.
Sprinkle with more cinnamon and add a little more honey.
Cook on LOW for 7 hours.
The apples had a wonderful flavor as well as did the pork. However, there are two things I will do definitely next time. One, I will season the pork with salt. Even though it had a good flavor, it needed some seasoning. Second, I will use a shorter cooking time. Ours was a little dry but still good. I just like a juicer piece of pork.
I hope you enjoy!!
Love to you all from The Busy Cooking Momma!!
**I was featured on Kathe with an E with this recipe!**
Apple Cinnamon Honey Pork Loin (Slow Cooker Recipe)
Adapted from My Crossfit Paleo Journey
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 7 hours Difficulty: Easy
2 1/2 to 3 lb. pork loin
5 red delicious apples
5 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Slice the apples into wedges. Do not peel the apples before slicing.
2. Cut slits down both sides of the pork loin. Make the slits about 1/2 to 3/4 inches deep.
3. Drizzle approximately 1/4 tsp of honey into the slits of the pork loin.
4. Carefully, place an apple slice in each of the slits.
5. Place sliced apples into the bottom of the slow cooker (approximately two apples worth).
6. Sprinkle cinnamon (1 1/2 Tbsp) on top of the apples.
7. Lay the pork loin on top of the apples.
8. Place the remaining apples on the pork loin. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon and drizzle with honey (approximately 1 Tbsp).
9. Cook on LOW for 7 hours.
10. Remove from slow cooker and slice.
11. Serve with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!!