I love fajitas; however, I hate ordering them when we are out. It seems like you pay for more veggies than actual meat. I really do not like that especially when I am paying someone else. That is why I love my fajita recipe. I control the amount of meat and veggies in the dish. Plus, I can control the seasoning as well. I also can control the doneness of the meat. This recipe is big on flavor and is sure to please any Mexican food craving person (like me) that you may know.
Now, on to the recipe!
20 Freezer Meals
The Busy Cooking Momma
The recipe makes ONE gallon size freezer bag.
You will need:
2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into strips
3 bell peppers, cut into strips
1 large onion, cut into strips
2 packages Fajita seasoning
1 to 2 jalapeno, seeds removed and sliced (depending on the heat intensity you want)
**Note - I found pre-sliced sirloin at my local Kroger. It was labeled "stir-fry beef." It worked really well. Also, I did not put jalapenos in my bag this time. I could not find any nice looking jalapeno peppers, so I omitted them. You can do this as well if you do not like the extra heat.**
1. In a gallon size freezer bag, place your meat,
and fajita mix.
Seal the bag and mix the ingredients together. Remove as much of the air out of the bag after mixing. Reseal and freeze.
Cooking Directions: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Dump into slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. Do not worry, the meat and vegetables will make enough juice. You do not need to add water or broth to this recipe. Also, depending on what temp you like your meat, I would suggest checking around the 6 hour mark and from then on out until the meat is done to your preference. Mine was done around 6.5 hour mark and was very tender.
The flavor of this dish is simply amazing. It tastes great and is very filling. I think you and your family are really going to love this simple and tasty recipe.
I hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from The Busy Cooking Momma!
Beef Fajita - Freezer Meal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-9 hours LOW
Keywords: freezer meal slow-cooker entree beef Mexican
Ingredients (1 Freezer bag, serves 4)
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 3 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 2 packages Fajita seasoning
- 1 to 2 jalapeno, seeds removed and sliced (depending on the heat intensity you want)
1. In a gallon size freezer bag, add the meat, onion, bell pepper and seasoning packet.
2. Seal bag and mix ingredients together.
3. Remove as much air at of the bag as possible. Reseal and freeze.Cooking Directions
1. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
2. Dump in the slow cooker.
3. Cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. You can begin checking meat doneness around the 6 to 6.5 hour mark.
4. Serve with your favorite fixings. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage