I have been making this potpie recipe for years. I love the fact that it is simple to make; however, the flavor is out of this world. I have made this recipe many different ways. I even substituted the chicken one time with beef and it still was really good. Actually, this recipe could be made anyway you would like and I think that is one of the reasons it is my go to recipe.
Usually, I by the precooked chicken from Tyson in the meat section. However, I found chicken thighs on sale one day and decided to use those. All I did was bake the chicken seasoned with salt/pepper and then cut the chicken into chunks. Honestly, this is the way I will prepare this recipe from now on. The flavor profile definitely changed with that one added little step. Plus, it saved money on the overall cost of the meal. Also, you can put any type of vegetable you would like in this potpie. Any frozen vegetable would work in my opinion. This is based solely on your's and your families' preferences.
Now, on to the recipe!
Chicken Pot Pie
20 Freezer Meals
The Busy Cooking Momma
This recipe makes TWO freezer bag/9X13 pan meals.
6 c chopped, cooked chicken (3 c)
2 pkg (16 oz each) peas and carrots (1 pkg)
1 lb Mexican flavor processed cheese (8 oz)
2 cans cream of chicken soup (1 can)
1 can crescent rolls or dough sheet
cubed processed cheese,
and cream of chicken soup.
Close the bag and remove as much air as possible. Mix the ingredients together to combine. Freeze the bags.
Thaw the bag in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to cook, pour contents into a prepared 9X13 baking dish. Cover with crescent rolls or dough sheet making sure to seal around the edges. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve and Enjoy!
This is definitely a family favorite in our household. It is also a big favorite for this momma because it goes together quickly (even if you do not have it already made) and only has FIVE ingredients. Winner, Winner, Chicken dinner (LOL)! Remember, you can change the vegetables and cheese flavor based on your preferences. Just make sure that you use frozen vegetables. I know you and your family is going to love this recipe!
I hope you enjoy!!
Love to you all from The Busy Cooking Momma!
Chicken Pot Pie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Keywords: bake freezer meal entree chicken American
Ingredients (2 9x13 pan meals)
- 6 c chopped, cooked chicken (3 c)
- 2 pkg (16 oz each) peas and carrots (1 pkg)
- 1 lb Mexican flavor processed cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1 can crescent rolls or dough sheet
1. In a gallon size freezer bag, add the cooked chicken, frozen vegetables, cheese cubes and soup.
2. Close the bag and remove as much air as possible.
3. Mix the ingredients to combine.
4. Freeze the bags.
**Note - If you decide to prepare this in the 9X13 aluminum pan, just add the ingredients to the pan and stir well. Then wrap TWICE with aluminum foil. **Cooking Directions
1. the bag in the refrigerator overnight.
2. When ready to cook, pour contents into a prepared 9X13 baking dish (unless meal has been prepared in aluminum pan. If so, just cook the meal in the pan it was frozen in).
3. Cover with crescent rolls or dough sheet making sure to seal around the edges.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve and Enjoy!