My Sausages and Peppers recipe has six ingredients that come together in a flavorful dish. This dish can be served by itself, on rice, or on hoagie rolls. You can also use your favorite sausages (ie sweet, mild or hot) in this dish.The choice is completely up to you. With the many different ways you can create and serve this recipe, it sure to become a family favorite.
Now, on to the recipe!
20 Freezer Meals
The Busy Cooking Momma
This recipe will make TWO freezer bags. Measurements for a single bag is in parentheses.
You will need:
14 Italian Sausages (7)
2 cans garlic diced tomatoes (1)
2 packets Italian seasoning (1)
4 bell peppers, cut into slices (your preference of color) (2)
2 large onions, cut into slices (1)
4 Tbsp minced garlic (2 Tbsp)
In a large freezer bag, place the sausages (7 in one bag, 8 in the other),
Seal the bag closed and mix the ingredients together. Remove as much air as possible from the bag after mixing and freeze.
Cooking Directions: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Dump into slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
I served my sausages and peppers with tater tots and mac n' cheese. Yes, carb overload, but hey sometimes you got to eat what you love. My men loved the dish and have already asked for it again. I think next time I will serve them on hoagie rolls with a side of potato salad.
I hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from The Busy Cooking Momma!
Sausages and Peppers - Freezer Meal
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 to 8 hours LOW
Ingredients (2 freezer bags, each bag serve)
- 14 Italian Sausages (7)
- 2 cans garlic diced tomatoes (1)
- 2 packets Italian seasoning (1)
- 4 bell peppers, cut into slices (your preference of color) (2)
- 2 large onions, cut into slices (1)
- 4 Tbsp minced garlic (2 Tbsp)
1. In a gallon size freezer bag, add the sausages, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and minced garlic.
2. Seal bag and mix ingredients together.
3. Remove as much air as possible and reseal. Freeze bags.Cooking Directions
1. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
2. Dump into the slow cooker.
3. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Serve in your preferred manner. Enjoy!
Powered by Recipage