What is your favorite comfort food? Mine, pasta! Pasta to me is the ultimate comfort food. I have been known on occasions to make a pot of pasta, add some butter when it is finished, and drown my cares away. Okay, maybe it isn't that serious. However, it is my go to food.
Last night when trying to decide what to cook for dinner, I found a box of shells in the pantry. The possibilities began running rampant in my mind. I knew I wanted something a little different. I did not want the usual stuffed shells. So, with the help of the Busy Cooking Hubby, this recipe was born. I know you are going to love this take on stuffed shells.
Now, on to the recipe!
Four Cheese Pepperoni Stuffed Shells
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: bake entree Pasta Cheese
Ingredients (6 servings)
- ~20 large pasta shells
- 1 jar (24oz) marinara sauce
- 1 package of pepperoni, divided (dice ~1/3 of the pkg to add to cheese mixture, leave the other 2/3 whole to top the shells)
- 4 cups Italian blend shredded cheese (1 cup for mixture, 3 cups for topping)
- 1 cup Parmesan shredded cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp season salt
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. While oven is preheating, cook your pasta shells in large pot of salted, boiling water. Cook until tender but not overcooked.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup Italian blend cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, season salt and Italian seasoning.
4. Stir until everything is well combined.
5. Add in the diced pepperoni and stir to combine.
6. After shells have cooled, stuff with cheese mixture.
7. In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom.
8. Place stuffed shells into the pan in a single layer.
9. Pour remaining marinara sauce over the shells.
10. Top with pepperoni in a single layer.
11. Top everything with the remaining Italian blend cheese.
12. Bake for 25 minutes.
13. Serve with a garden salad and/or garlic bread. Enjoy!
Step by Step Pics to Follow Along:
In a large baking dish, spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom.
After shells have cooled, stuff with cheese/pepperoni mixture. Place in pan.
Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the shells. Top with remaining pepperoni and then top with remaining Italian blend cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees,
This was so yummy and delicious. It was perfect comfort food for the weird cold weather we have been having since Saturday. I served this with simple garlic toast. A nice garden salad would pair well with this as well.
I hope you enjoy!
Love to you all from The Busy Cooking Momma!!